Saturday 14 December 2013

Christmas dinner at DV Ristorante Pizzeria? :D


So the other day me and Janice were on a food tasting mission organized by VibeHero. I was totally lost at first because everyone else were strangers to me. lol. but overall it turned out quite fun and entertaining.

Just a brief info about the restaurant, DV Ristorante Pizzeria is an Italian restaurant that serves only authentic Italian cuisines. Atmosphere was pretty decent and cozy. I love the fact that DV is spacious enough so you can fully enjoy our food without feelin like someone else from the other table is looking at you or your food, and it's secluded from the busy city area which means you can relax while dining here. It's prettily furnished too with some deco items which I believe were brought back from Italy as they looked so unique and vintagey. Since it's almost Christmas, the restaurant was decorated with beautiful Christmasy ornaments and also a Christmas tree which totally cheered up the whole ambience.

Okay just before I bomb out a whole list of food photos, here's a little detail about DV:

Address: 77 Jalan Setiabakti, Bukit Damansara, KL.


Opening times: Open daily, 12noon-12midnight
Tel: 03 2098 2001


Okay drooling time. CURSES why do I always get hungry during midnight!
the most typical starter
Tomato, mushroom, and beef tartare bruschettas as first starter.
mushroom with cheese pizza
fresh herb egg pizza
i'm all cheese pizza
Ham and cheese pizza 
The names of the pizzas were not told and I totally came up with the names in the captions for the pizza photos; informative enough to allow the waiter to take your order. lol. I was in love with the pizza with ham! The ham tasted like real meat WHICH IS GOOD because most Italian restaurants don't take this into account or at least, the ones I've been to before. So I guess this is a must try at DV!

Eggplant Parmigiana
Lamb meatballs in Sudo al Pomodoro. Totally my type of dish! so tender and juicy with non-artificial gravy. yums

and yeah, that's the end of all food... NOT! those r only the starters. like seriously?? So I came up with a new stereotype that Italians are such massive eaters and I guess that's why Italian food always taste nice. hahaha

moving on to the main entrees....... *burp



Spaghetti allo Scoglio

Fettuccine Aglio Olio e Peperoncino

Linguine al Pesto

To be honest, all the pastas were just ordinary, like all other common pastas. or maybe I haven't tasted real authentic pastas before that's why I felt like they didnt have enough aroma? :O


 Braised Beef Cheek. TOTALLY MY FAV. so soft and tender and the overall taste will not overwhelm you, but will only make you smilesssssssssssssss :))))))

Peppercorn Crusted Fillet of Tuna. ALSO MY FAVOURITE. the picture speaks for itself. so delicate and luscious. totally no tuna fishy smell and only leaves flavorful aftertaste which makes you crave for more!

last dish before dessert! Chicken Scaloppine with Porcini Mushrooms. at first bite I thought I was eating fish cos that's how soft and smooth it tasted.

Finally, the sweet course that I've been waiting for. No names given though so I'm gonna name it the Awesome Tiramisu with Awesome Vanilla Ice Cream with Awesome Coffee Dressing in the Ice Cream. yay! I was totally fooled by the presentation as it didn't look that appealing. The Tiramisu literally melted in your mouth and soon after I felt like I was in heaven. Ignored everyone and gulped down everything in less than 3 minutes.

Okay. The moment of truth. I would give this place an 8.5 outta 10. YES! high enough as the meals were kinda chilled but not that cold when served. and I guess they could have put more effort into the display of the dish? However the owner of the shop was really enthusiastic and passionate about his restaurant. He was describing every meal in detail and he did put in effort to mingle with everyone. An additional brownie point for DV apart from their awesome Tiramisu cake *forever craving for it*

Done with food, and it's photo time! shucks I looked ugly in all photos. sighhhhhhhhh

happy cos got dessert! my smile was so real cos i was satisfied YUMSSSSS


Christmas treeeeee!

GROUP SHOT! yeah, say it! say we're awesome! :D


I'm really glad to have attended this food tasting session. It was something different and I love how everyone was so friendly and warm. Thanks to VibeHero for the invitation and I would definitely love to have opportunities like this again. Just for your info, Vibehero has plenty of recommendations for places mostly around Kuala Lumpur and you can visit their webpage www.vibehero.com to know more!

Christmas is coming in like, 10 days! It's like my 'Christmas Panic Button' has been pushed and now I'm all anxious and excited about it. Maybe you guys can try out DV Ristorante Pizzeria for your Christmas dinner? :D till next time, sayonara!


LuYourHighness

No comments:

Post a Comment