Monday 23 December 2013

show our kindness this Christmas


Christmas is celebrated by hundreds of millions of people throughout the world. Friends and family come together to feast and enjoy this cheerful and joyous night. Gifts are exchanged and laughter is heard among the horde of jolly people. However, have you ever thought of the least fortunate ones who spend every Christmas weeping because of the life they have? For this festive month, I've decided to do things differently, that is by doing charity. and to bring back the smile on the children's faces

One charitable event I encountered was "Fairie Dreams" at Sunway Pyramid. They helped by collecting donations to grant wishes of some terminally-ill kids, together with Children's Wish Society of Malaysia. 

Donation of at least RM10 is enough, and you'll get a feather where you will put on a giant fairy wing. I really love this idea as you can actually feel you're involved in the act and at the same time you also know many others have done their part to help these unfortunate children. I know some of you might think RM10  is a lot (cos my friend stopped me from donating) but when you think of it properly, RM10 can only be used to help not even 1% of the entire community plus, your life is already much better than them so RM10 isn't a big deal lah. Just donate okay! :(

look at that gigantic wings. i'm a rainbow angel ! *dont think otherwise
Another public-spirited event was ACE-MAS. This is an event in my university whereby the entire university is encouraged to sponsor a gift. Price doesn't matter, as long as you have the heart. Children's wish lists from orphanages around Semenyih, Kajang and Cheras were publicized at my university to encourage the uni community to pledge and sponsor these gifts. I'm one of the sponsors! 
the kids filling their tummy before choir and movie


choir sang by people from UNMC
Shopping for a gift isn't easy, especially when you're browsing through kids clothing. They're all so adorable and you just feel like getting all of them omg. Finally, I decided on getting a dress from HnM which is not that expensive but I think would look good on her. I haven't seen her in the dress though. *sigh*
checkered dress for her. cute no? i think it'll suit her short hairstyle
It feels good when you know you make people happy, but too bad she was too afraid of me and she knocked her head on the table while avoiding me. OMG I felt so bad but she's too adorable for me to not look at her. (maybe i look hamsup) :O and so I left her alone for the rest of the day sigh...

behold............................... my hamsup face . hehehehehe*
I'm really compassionate to involve myself in humanitarian movements, especially during this month of giving. Other than those 2 events, there were also many donation booths set at shopping malls. I wouldn't omit these stalls because I need to help those people in need. Donate a new toy or give a donation to help make Christmas a little brighter for a needy child in your community. Make this holiday season special by helping a child’s dream come true. 

Though last time I always put myself ahead of others, but as I grow up I realised that it's also part of my duty to help other luckless people. If you think like me then don't wait anymore. Do your part now to assist these forlorn children!



LuYourHighness

No comments:

Post a Comment